Is mobile reception a problem for you?
The two most important things for mobile users are coverage and reception. Before you sign up with a service provider, check that your locality has coverage.
Although mobile boosters are banned, and repeaters must be authorised by your carrier, there are ways you can improve your coverage if it is needed.
ACMA’s website has more information about boosters and repeaters.
- Check with your provider to find out which receivers they recommend
- You may need an antenna if you live in a more remote area
- There are kits for your car that connect the phone and an antenna attached to your car.
- Patchleads are another method for connecting to an external antenna
- Femtocells can be used as well – these are base stations that can be used to improve coverage.
image source: myamplifiers.com