Photo finish: Adobe Photoshop comes to your phone for free
Photoshop is a powerful photo-editing tool, so much so that it’s entered our everyday vernacular as shorthand for the digital manipulation of images. Up until recently however, the relatively high cost of the software has made it prohibitive for most non-professional consumers. All that’s now changed with the new iOS app, Photoshop Fix.
Adobe Photoshop comes to your phone
Currently available for iPhones and iPad in the Apple App Store, Photoshop Fix delivers a great selection of Photoshop features for free. This means that you can seamlessly adjust your images with:
- Heal and patch – Use surrounding images to correct imperfections and blend the fixed image
- Lighten and darken – Adjust the brightness on selected parts of an image
- Smooth – A useful painting tool for skin and landscapes
- Liquify – Create wild effects by manipulating, swelling or reshaping parts of a picture
- Essential tools –
- Colour – Develop dramatic desaturated images or create a mix of colour and black and white
- Paint – Use the eyedropper to select a specific colour and then paint your image with different sized brushes and erasers
- Adjust – Vary exposure, contrast and saturation or add vignettes
- Defocus – Highlight a standout part of your picture by blurring the surrounding areas
The app comes in at 88MB and is currently available in a variety of languages. At the moment it’s restricted to Apple devices, but there are plans to expand to the Android platform.
Accessing the app is free, however you’ll need to sign up for an Adobe account if you don’t already have one. You can also link it to Facebook and locations once you’ve agree to Adobe’s privacy conditions.
Find our more about the app by visiting Apple’s site here.
image source: theverge.com