Wamp Server Not Working – Problem Starting Wamp Sever
Wamp Server Not Working
You may get a problem starting Wamp Server. There are some certain errors most of the people experience while starting Wamp Server. Many people complain that Wamp Server not working and ask a question like how we shift wamp server from orange to green light. Or, how we shift from red to green light etc.
We may have following questions and queries
Problem Starting Wamp Server
Wamp server not running
How we shift wamp server from orange to green light
Wamp Server Starting Prolems And Their Solutions
Following are some of the common problems while starting wamp server and their easy solutions
Red light or orange light appear.
- Left click on the tray of the WAMP icon, choose restart all services.
- Choose Stop All Services
- Choose Start All Services
- Choose stop service at all of the service, and start all again..
- Restart your computer and rerun again.
If above solutions did not solve your problem, try the following:
Problem 2: Wamp Skype Conflict
Most probably the cause is “Skype”. Skype and wamp server both use port 80 by default. If Skype is running in your system, there will be a conflict between Skype and Wamp. Following are the solutions
Solutions 1: Open the Wamp Server before Skype
- Close the Skype Application
- Start Wamp Server
- Left Click on the tray of the Wamp icon and choose to restart all services
This is not a permanent solution to this problem. In this method, we, in fact, start the WAMP before we log in to Skype. So that WAMP will take over the port and there will be no conflict with the port number. And we will able to use Skype as well as WAMP.
Solution 2: Change the Skype Port
This is a better solution of Skype conflict with Wamp server
- Open the Skype
- Go to Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Connections
- Uncheck the box “use port 80 and 443 as alternative”.
- Now restart wamp services
- This will solve the problem
Solution 3: Change the Wamp Server Port
- Go to Wampsever ->Apache -> httpd.conf and just change two lines
- Listen 0.0.0.0:80 to Listen 0.0.0.0:8080
- Listen [::0]:80 to Listen [::0]:8080
Easiest way is to find (Ctrl+F) “Listen 0.0.0.0” and then replace “80” to “8080”
Problem 3: Wamp Apache and Wamp MYSQL service are Disabled
If you get an error message “Could not execute menu item (internal error) [Exception] Could not perform service action: The service has not been started” as shown below
An error message like “Could not execute menu item (internal error) [Exception] Could not perform service action: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.” as shown below
This error usually occur when you remove WAMP from boot services. Try the following solution:
In the Windows operating system try out the following procedure:
- Press (Windows+R) to open RUN app
- enter “services.msc” and click “OK”
- locate service with name ‘wampapache’ or ‘wampapache64’. Check the status of it. It should be in “Running” state. In case not, right click “wampapche” or “wampapache64”, click “properties” and change “Start Type” to “Automatic” or “Manual”
- Similarly locate service with name ‘wampmysqld’ or ‘wampmysqld64’. Check the status of it. It should be in “Running” state. In case not, right click ‘wampmysqld’ or ‘wampmysqld64’, click “properties” and change “Start Type” to “Automatic” or “Manual”
- Now left click on the tray of the WAMP icon, choose to restart all services
I hope if your Wamp server not working or you are having a problem of Wampserver orange icon, this article has solved all your problems. If Wamp Server not working on windows 7 or Wamp Server not working on Windows 10, you may follow these solutions to solve your problem.